I’m an average, middle age, nerd type guy that likes to share his love for God with others. Sometimes, I struggle doing so. In today’s society, many find the idea of someone talking to them directly about God to be impolite, at best. Yet, the Bible warns us that if we stay silent about God’s love and holiness, the very rocks will cry out. In addressing this concern in my own life, I studied a number of teachers and pastors to learn not only how to best communicate my faith, but to do so politely and with love. For Paul warns us that without love, having truth serves no purpose. By the grace of God, I do that today. I enjoy writing articles to encourage others to do the same.
I also enjoy sharing my nerd hobbies, as well. From books to RPGs to video games and much more, I discuss my opinions and thoughts on such things right here, as I experience them. Sometimes, I even dabble in some writing, drawing and coding myself… so you will see that pop up from time to time, as well. Along those lines, some of that may be theological, such as my thoughts on the works of C.S. Lewis, while other things will not. You just never know what I’ll do next!
I encourage others to write comments or ask questions about each of my entries. God’s Word encourages us in multiple ways to seek Him, together, and to sharpen one another.
I pray that He help me to give my utmost for His Glory. I pray that you will be drawn closer to Him though my efforts here.
By His Grace,
Phil aka JCServant
If you’re just joining my blog, you may feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of articles I have here. While some may want to read everything from the beginning, others would like just the highlights. For convenience, I list my best and most popular posts below for this purpose.
- Prelude – What’s In A Name?
- Ep 01 – New Direction Overview
- Ep 02 – The Gospel
- Ep 03 – Doctrine
- Ep 04 – Reading the Bible As A Narrative
- Ep 05 – The Commands of God
- Ep 06 – The Commands of Jesus
- Ep 07 – Love One Another
- Ep 08 – Subjective Christianity
- Ep 09 – Is Church Physical
- Ep 10 – Church Organization
- Ep 11- Ministry Without Boundaries
- Ep 12 – Christian Feminism
- Response to John Piper Part 1 , Part 2
Some of My Favorite Books
Over the years, I have read (or listened to) numerous books. While I talk about many books on my blog, my favorites can be found in the list below.
- A Mormon’s Unexpected Journey Book 1 and Book 2 by Carma Naylor
- Unveiling Grace: The Story of How We Found Our Way out of the Mormon Church by Lynn K. Wilder
- The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
- The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis
- Mistborn (trilogy) by Brandon Sanderson
- Ex-heroes (series) by Peter Clines
- Ready Player One by Earnest Cline
- This blog…despite how busy I am, I do a decent job of posting at least one article each week.
- RPGBacktrack (RPG Computer and Console game retro-game podcast)
- Computer RPG Clubs – In conjunction with the above, I have to play games…and this helps me choose. Reviews of my game of the month show up here.
Upcoming Projects – On Hold
- Stardust (I’ve started some background work on this blog)
- A Journey’s End (Fantasy, Fiction)
- The Gamer’s Experience vlog series (PC Gaming)
- Escape from Utalanx (An RPGMaker Project – 5 minute demo available, LOL)
- Wildlight Re-write (My DeviantArt site has some early drawings, Writing link coming soon)
- Study on Brother Greg Gordon’s 95 Theses to the Evangelical Church
- A blog & video series called New Direction , where I explore how Christianity looks in a post modern culture.